Chief Probation Officer
Laura Swanson is in Choteau:
Tuesday and some Thursdays
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed during the noon hour)
Youth Court Services combines court and probation services for juvenile offenders in Teton County with the juvenile hearings presided over by District Court Judge Robert Olson.
Youth Court Services is Responsible For:
- Pretrial investigations and recommendations
- Diverting youth from prosecution
- Supervision of youth who are placed on probation
- Holding hearings on delinquency charges against youth, and sentencing accordingly.
- Request Filing petitions for formal District Court Hearing on serious criminal charges.
- Writing pre-sentence reports to the Court (for sentencing).
- Authorizing detention, release, and transportation of youth.
- Drug testing of youth.
- Collecting restitution for victims of youth crime.