WIC provides good food and whole lot more!
WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, breastfeeding support, healthy food and referrals to other services free of charge to Montana families who qualify.
WIC offers families:
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Benefits to buy healthy foods
- Health and social services referrals
- Tips for eating well to improve health
WIC Nutrition Staff meets with each WIC participant to:
- Support families making changes for better health
- Review diet and health behaviors
- Provide individual nutrition advice
- Offer a selection of healthy foods
WIC Services are available to:
- Pregnant women
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Children under the age of five
WIC is for all kinds of Montana families: married and single parents, working or not working. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent, or legal guardian of a child under five years, you can apply for WIC.
You must live in Montana and meet income guidelines. Call the Teton County WIC Office at 466-2562 to learn more about the program and find out if you qualify.
Mandy Naylor or Melissa Moyer
Confidential Fax: 406-466-5292
We offer WIC appointments in-person in Choteau, and remotely (over the phone). An appointment is required to attend the WIC clinic. Please call 466-2562 ahead of time to make an appointment and confirm the date and time as they are subject to change.