How to Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport

Passport Applications

The Teton County Clerk of District Court is a recognized US Passport Acceptance Facility. Call Lisa Sinton at 406-466-2909 to learn more about this service.  We accept passport applications up to one hour before closing.  Appointments are not required but please note that the office is closed from noon to 1:00 p.m.

What is needed for a Passport Card/Passport Book?

  • Completed application, written in black ink (available in the Clerk’s Office or at
  • Passport photo taken within last 6 months.  Photo Requirements.
  • Citizenship evidence (e.g., original birth certificate, certified copy of birth certificate, birth abroad certificate, or a previous passport)
  • Current photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, passport, military ID)
  • Other original, pertinent documents (e.g. marriage/divorce papers to explain name difference from a birth certificate, custody papers of a single parent)
  • Fees – a personal check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State, see for current fees. Note: Separate payments must be made to the U.S. Department of State for each application submitted. One payment of cash for each application to Teton County for the execution fee(s).

Passports for Minors

Both parents or guardians as well as the minor applicant must be present to process the application of a minor age 15 or younger. Otherwise, a notarized affidavit granting permission from an absent parent or guardian or evidence of sole custody is required.

Passport Renewals

Renewals are not processed by acceptance facilities.  You can find more information at  We are happy to look over your renewal application for completeness.