WIC provides good food and whole lot more!
WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, breastfeeding support, healthy food and referrals to other services free of charge to Montana families who qualify.
WIC offers families:
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Benefits to buy healthy foods
- Health and social services referrals
- Tips for eating well to improve health
WIC Nutrition Staff meets with each WIC participant to:
- Support families making changes for better health
- Review diet and health behaviors
- Provide individual nutrition advice
- Offer a selection of healthy foods
WIC Services are available to:
- Pregnant women
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Children under the age of five
WIC is for all kinds of Montana families: married and single parents, working or not working. If you are a father, mother, grand parent, foster parent, or legal guardian of a child under five years, you can apply for WIC.
You must live in Montana and meet income guidelines. Call the Teton County WIC Office at 466-2562 to learn more about the program and find out if you qualify.
Sue Schilling or Dawn Baker
Confidential Fax: 406-466-5292
WIC Clinic Schedules
We hold regularly scheduled WIC clinics in Choteau, Fairfield, and Augusta. An appointment is required to attend the WIC clinic. Please call 466-2562 ahead of time to make an appointment and confirm the date and time as they are subject to change.
Teton County Health Department
905 4th Street NW
Choteau, MT 59422
First Tuesday and Wednesday of each month.
Frontier Family Practice
201 1st Ave N
Fairfield, MT 59436
Last Tuesday of each month.
Augusta Fire Hall
408 Manix St
Augusta, MT 59410
First Thursday of every third month (call for dates).